In connection with the Services, we collect and store personal information from you when you:
- Visit our website
- Register on and use our app
- Upload music through our app
- Make a payout through our app and paypal
- Contact customer support
- Connect to us through third party services
- Connect to third party services via us
When you create a user account with the Service, we will ask for username, artist name, password, mobile phone number, email address, date of birth, address, postal code and country.
If you connect to the Service using credentials from a third party like Google or Facebook, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available, like your name, profile picture, age, country, hometown, email address, date of birth and gender.
When you upload your music via our website/app, some additional personal information is provided by you when you do. This includes:
- Artist name
- Track/album titles
- Name of contributors (if applicable)
- Usage information
When you use or interact with the Service, we collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information includes:
information on how you interact with our Service content that you post to the Service; and technical data, which may include URL information, location, session time, cookie data, which ad platform you came from, IP address, and the device and network ID you are using to access or connect to the Service.
Information from third party sources
We may integrate with third party sources from time to time and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features provided by Zinguh that connect to your third party online profiles, accounts or services, we may collect information upon your approval. For example, if you prelove a Zinguh release on Souncloud/ Spotify, we may collect information from Soundcloud/Spotify about your listening activity.2. How We Use the Information We Collected
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- to administrate your account, to enable and provide the Service and, if applicable, provide integration with a third party.
- to provide, personalize and improve your experience and any advertising made available on or outside the Service;
- to make sure the Service is technically functional and to develop new products and services.
- analyze your use of the service and how you interact with our ads to be able to make great business decisions.
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you have agreed to receive.
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, subject to your consent.
- to enable and promote the Service, either within or outside the Service.
- to process your payouts and prevent or detect fraud.
The data we collect from you will be held for as long as:
- You use our Service
- We have to because of legal reasons
- We need to process any payments remaining
- We need to, to prevent fraud and other crimes
Music platforms/services and partners
The information you provide us with when you register and upload a song via our app, will be used to perform and provide our Service, by delivering it to the music services, platforms and partners. When delivering the music to the platforms, we provide them with:
- ISRC (International Standard Recording Code). A unique code created for every individual track.
- UPC (Universal Product Code). A unique code created to summarize the release on a product level.
- Track/album titles
- Artist name and full name
- Name of contributors (if applicable)
- Marketing and advertising
We may share your information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Zinguh.
Service providers and others
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to protect the rights and property of Zinguh, including to enforce the Agreements and any other terms that you have agreed to;
- to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to publish anonymised or pseudonymised data about the use of the Service; and
If you’re a residence of South Africa or the AU, you understand that your information may be transferred to and stored outside of that area. The country it is transferred to might not have the same protection laws as your country. However, if we do transfer your information, we will make sure that we protect your personal data in accordance with the GDPR requirements and set up contracts with those parties to ensure this.6.Children
We do not let children under the age of 18 to register with our Services and therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a guardian of a child under the age of 18 and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us and you may request to access and/or cancel the Service. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, also please contact us.7.How We Protect Your information
Your security is important to us. We always do our best to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or disclosure..
Since the Internet can’t be 100% secure, make sure you protect your password and username to prevent anyone from accessing your information.8.Your Rights, How to Contact Us and Complaints
You are always entitled to receive information on data we have on you, free of charge. You also have the right to request to be erased and to get any inaccurate personal data blocked or corrected. Where we rely on consent to process your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Contact us!
To send a request, please contact us with your name, address, username and the email address you used when you registered with us.
If you’re not happy with how we handle your information, please contact us and tell us how we could improve.
We and others working on our behalf employ cookies and related technologies to store information on or read information from your browser or device. They help us improve your experience, our Service and our marketing activities.
Your web browser is probably set to accept cookies by default. You can choose to change this to remove and reject cookies. If you do, this might affect certain features on our Service and some things might not work. If you use our Service on a mobile device, you can limit tracking and targeting in relation to ads. We cannot, however, control these opt out processes. You can also check www.aboutcookies.org to find out more on how you change your browser settings.
Sometimes we use pixel tags. The pixel tags are placed on certain web pages and when you access those web pages, the pixel tag generates a generic notice of the visit and permits us to ser or read our cookies. They are used together with cookies to track activity on a site by a particular device. If you turn off cookies, we can only see anonymous website visits.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us improve our Service.
- Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. Sometimes we use or partner with app developer platforms that use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs) and information connected to how mobile devices interact with our Service and those using our Service..